Oh Instagram Stories. Just like #hashtags, you either love them, hate them or are somewhere in between like me. I will very rarely speak on to the camera on stories. Lack of confidence or not ready to expose myself to the social media web? Who knows? The one thing I love about stories is that you can curate them. Yes you can say bye to the drunken upload after 24 hours but some are worth remembering. These can be added to your ‘highlights’ and will remain on your profile indefinitely. I’m all for making my Instagram feed look as sassy AF. I’ve changed the font in my bio and I’ve changed my highlight covers with some cuuuuuttttte graphics.
How many times do you watch someones stories and they say ‘Ignore the next few stories, I’m just editing my highlights’? YOU DON’T NEED TO DO THIS!!! Here’s a little tip…
- First off choose what covers you want. I’ve created a little Pinterest board to house all mine…
- Open the highlight you wish to edit. Here I am editing my #my15secondday highlight.
- Click on the 3 dots at the bottom right and tap ‘edit highlight’.
- You can now either change the name of you highlight, remove or add stories and edit the cover of your highlight. When you tap ‘edit cover’ you can either choose an existing story or add a new one by tapping the first icon.
- Your phones gallery will appear. (I have a Google Pixel 3.) I have screenshot my favourite images from my Pinterest board. Just choose what you want, click done and voila! You’ve got yourself an eye catching highlight strip! Sassy or what!